Monday, March 23, 2009

Luna Moth and Red Bellied Woodpecker

I am finally back to working with my art. Neither of these are done yet, but they are done enough to show you what I am working on.






This luna moth is resting on an old dead tree with a fence insulator and rusty wire. I did this with colored pencil done on Dura-Lar. I still need to work on the moth, it needs to be softened and lightened a bit. This drawing is about a 6 1/2 x 6 1/2.

I am so excited about finding this Dura-Lar.... thanks to my friend Lesley (thank you, thank you, thank you).

I know I should finish one before starting another one, but I am having so much fun with working on this new paper that I started another one. Now I have 2 drawings that are "almost done".





This is my Red Bellied Woodpecker that is also a colored pencil on Dura-Lar. This one is an 8 x 10. Another friend of mine took this photo of woodpecker and let me use her image. Thank you Marilyn for doing so. We trade images as it works out for both of us.


This drawing is not done either. I still need ot work on the feathers, his belly needs softened and lightened a bit. The fungi also needs some touching up too.



If you like to work in colored pencil or graphite, the Dura-Lar is a great paper to work on. It is actually a film but works wonderful with pencils.

Now I must dicipline myself and finish both of these before I start another one.

8 comments:

Lesley Ann Hartman said...

Glad you are back to painting, the break does us all good sometimes and the new images look great! Can't wait to see them finished. Also glad you also love the Dura-Lar, isn't it wonderful to work on! :) Lesley

Judy said...

Thank you Lesley, it is good to take a break but not as long as the one I had!! It feels great to be back with my art again.

Sa said...

Meravigliosi disegni!!!!!
Great draw, why you had stopping working? i Know that life is very hard and the time in not much but you don't stop to paint, please!
cia
Sa :)

Judy said...

Thank you Sa, that is very nice of you. I hope to really get back into my art now. Thanks again and you keep up your good work too.

Paola said...

Judy, these works are great! Sorry for my english, I hope that i can say to you all my admiration!!
Kisses! Paola

Tracy Hall: said...

These are beautiful Judy, you really have found something in that new surface!

Judy said...

thank you so much Tracy, I do love that new paper to work on.

Judy said...

Paola, I don't know if I replied to you or not, but thank you so much for your kind words about my work.