Monday, April 20, 2009

Eastern Bluebirds

My internet server is back up and running again so I am able to upload some photos of our newest neighbors that moved in. This birdhouse is about 20 feet from my living room window so I am getting some great shots.
Here is the female bluebird,
Here is the male blue bird

And here is the little chickadee intruder that keeps trying to move in with them.

Needless to say the male bluebird chases him away every time he peeks his head into their new home. I've had the birdhouse up now for several years and this is the first we've had a family move in.

2 comments:

Lesley Ann Hartman said...

Wonderful to have these beautiful visitors and I'm looking forward to seeing the painting you do from the reference shots you have :)

Judy said...

thanks Lesley, Aren't they just the prettiest birds. I have an idea already in my mind for my next painting so I hope to soon get it on my blog.