Saturday, June 20, 2009

Birds and Flowers

This is my newest painting that I've started. It is of a blue bird, 2 goldfinch, a chickadee, a swallowtail, several irises and some buttercups along an old fence post. It appears that I may have 2 paintings picked up by a company for the spring of 2010 and they are interested in other works with birds and flowers. So I'm hoping that when I get this done, they will also want it too. I will keep the paintings and the copyrights on all my paintings, they will just be using the images for flags, windsocks, mats and mail box covers. I will still have the paintings for sale from my site. When this happens I will be also selling some of the products from my website. I'm working this painting a little bit different this time. After I got it drawn on my board, I then did a quick wash with acrylics. Now I will start to paint it with my water based oils. I'm hoping it will make the painting go a little quicker. I will update you as I go.

Drawing on an 11 x 14 gessoed board.

After I put my wash on the board.
I will continue with updates on this painting as soon as there is enough done on it to show you my work in progress.

3 comments:

pencilportraits said...

Quite a collection of everything Judy, this will be another stunning piece no doubt. Congratulations on the order too.

Judy said...

thank you Karie, I am having fun with this one.

Paola said...

I'm waiting for your progress! I think that will be a lovely work!!
Ciao!!!:))