Friday, August 7, 2009

Birds and Flowers and a horse named Jumping Jack Flash

Finally!!! I got this finished. It has to dry and there will be a couple touch ups but it is basically done. Sometimes it takes getting orders to make me dicipline myself to do my work. Also, it has been harder to paint because of watching my grandson this summer... which really has been a joy, so painting gets fit in where it can for now. :-) School is approaching soon enough.

Besides the snake painting that I will be doing, I have a portrait to do of a thoroughbred named Jumping Jack Flash owned by Dr. Blayne Bergenstock. You can see that Jumping Jack Flash has been a very well cared for horse as he is 25 years old and looks great.


3 comments:

Peter Brown said...

Nice work Judy! The use of complementary colours in your painting really makes it sparkle.

pencilportraits said...

love it Judy, it's been a while since I've managed to visit but I'm glad to catch up with your wonderful art. Looking forward to the horse as well, what a good looking 'old gent'

Judy said...

Thank you both for your nice compliments. I am looking forward to paint the horse as well. The snake is now starting to be work instead of being fun.