Friday, September 4, 2009

Timber Rattle Snake


I finally was able to finish my rattle snake commission. This is a small painting, a 5 x 7 in size. I have to say this was a different painting for me to do and was fun. It did get a little tedious towards the end, but it was still fun to do. Now I will be starting on my horse portrait commission as soon as my canvas comes in for it. The horse will be done on an 18 x 24 so will be much different than this one for me to do. I love horses though so this will be fun to do to.

3 comments:

Peter Brown said...

It's not something I'd want hanging on my wall, but you did an exceptional job Judy!

Lesley Ann Hartman said...

Great job Judy! I admire how you made all his shiny scales so perfect :) Love all those brown fallen leaves also.

Judy said...

Thank you Peter and Lesley, I think it is a painting only true snake lovers would want hanging around :-) Thank you both for your nice compliments. The man that commissioned this is very thrilled with it and loves it so that is good.