Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Newest Painting being worked on, Ospreys

This is my newest painting that I am working on at the moment. It is of a pair of Osprey's in a Sugargum tree in Florida. The photograph I am working from was taken by Jack Schott (photo below). Jack was generous enough to allow me permission to use his beautiful photograph of a pair of Ospreys. The painting is a 9 x 12, the medium is water based oil paints. Updates of the painting will be uploaded when more is done.


(Photo of a pair of Osprey's in a Sugargum tree in Florida, taken by Jack Schott)

Thank you Jack Schott for allowing me to use your photo.

4 comments:

Lesley Ann Hartman said...

Hi Judy, Looking forward to seeing updates as you can post them. I am always amazed how you do such lovely paintings and so fast :) Lesley

Jenny wren's nest said...

Your paintings are so detailed and realistic, I am so glad you show your work as it progresses.
When I first started to paint I didn't know I needed permission to copy others pictures, I am afraid to show some of my earlier work.
Jenny

Gary Keimig said...

What a great blog, Judy. Wonderful paintings.
God bless and HAPPY NEW YEAR

pencilportraits said...

another beautiful painting in the making Judy, what a great reference photo to work from but I'm sure you'll do it justice