Friday, January 29, 2010

Terry's Fish

I don't have anything new to show on my osprey painting. I had to put it up until I get done with a painting for a show. Since I didn't have anything new to show yet I though I would share a photo of my son. Terry's newest catch. This morning, Terry caught this Northern Pike, the largest pike he has ever caught. He took it to Allegheny Field and Stream to have it officially weighed and measured. The pike was 41 inches long, 22.7 pounds and 21 inches around the girth. Terry normally does the catch and release when he goes fishing, however, because this pike swallowed his lure and it was caught sideways in the fish, he couldn't save him. Since he couldn't release it, he is going to have it mounted. He is quite tickled with the fish.

7 comments:

Lesley Ann Hartman said...

A wonderful catch! he must be so chuffed with this fish. :) Lesley

Karen said...

Wow...thats one big fish!!

Judy said...

thank you both, I will tell him people liked his fish

smart readers said...

There you've got a nice man for a son. Tell him that I appreciate him not wanting to kill his catches :-)

Judy said...

Thank you Amila, I will tell him.

Gary Keimig said...

That is quite a fish.
Love how that Osprey is coming. They are such magnivicent birds. In summer I get to watch them from my studio fishing the river.

Judy said...

thank you Gary